Want to download MX Player for PC? Well, you are at right place. Today I am back with MX Player for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP download. If you watch movies and TV shows by downloading them frequently then you might be well aware of MX Player.
It is one of the most downloaded and used Media Player on Android phones. Because of its amazing and mind-blowing features, people prefer MX player over any other media player available in the market.
So why not use it on your PC? In this post, we’ll see how to download MX Player for PC free and what are its advantages over other media players. I have also shared Tubemate app for Windows PC.
Also Read: Download Psiphon for PC
What is MX Player?
MX Player is one the most popular and most used media players worldwide. It is the best choice for watching videos and other media on devices like Android phones, Tablets, Laptop or Computer.
It was one of the first media player apps for Android smartphones to have decoding feature as well as for hardware for different kinds of file formats.
Features of MX Player for Windows
- Swipe gestures to play, pause, resume, rewind, and fast forward or pinch to zoom the clip.
- Software and hardware decoding for a wide variety of file formats.
- Subtitle controls, screen lock and variable aspect ratio, all basic features are accessible easily from main view screen.
- Stream videos directly from the Internet on your MX Player app for PC.
- Option to play videos in the background. For instance, at times you just want to hear the audio of some clip; this can be easily done with MX Player.
- Double the volume of any video clip to listen it more efficiently.
- Additional plugins can be used to tweak the app and add more functionality to make it extraordinary.
In this way, MX Player packs with it a perfect combo for a media player app for Android smartphones. But what in case you want to use this app on your PC? Well, you can do that too with ease just by following some simple steps. You may also like these Xbox emulators for Windows.
Download MX Player for PC Windows 10/8/7
As you know this very well that MX Player is a media app for Android smartphones, so you can’t use it directly on your PC. For this, you need to install an Android emulator on your system. Then, you can easily run the Android apps like MX Player for PC.
In case you don’t know about the Android Emulators, then here we have got a brief description for you.
What is an Android Emulator?
You might have seen that apps made for Android O were released on the same day of the launch of Android O. Like, you don’t have to wait for WhatsApp to get updated after you install Android O on your device on the very first day of its official beta launch.
Have you ever wondered how this is possible? This is possible through Android emulators. Well, these are the virtual operating systems running on a system that lets you test the apps and games before the operating system is being officially launched.
You can use it for various different purposes like installing MX player for PC. One of the best android emulators that I would recommend you to use is Nox Player. In case you want to go with some other emulator, go for Bluestacks Player.
As usual, in this procedure you need to look after a few things before we start:
- A PC or Laptop with at least 1GB of RAM and at least 2GB of free storage.
- An Android Emulator for Windows (I would recommend you to use Nox Player)
- MX Player apk file for Windows PC.
Download Emulator+ Apk File
Download the following files and save them separately in a new folder so as to access them quickly when needed while installing MX Player on your Windows PC:
Download Nox Player Android Emulator for Windows:
Download MX Player apk file for Windows PC:
How to Install MX Player for Windows PC?
Before moving further, download and install the Nox Player Android Emulator by following these steps.
Download the Nox Player on your PC. Right click on the downloaded file and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu. Now a new dialog box will appear on the screen.
Check the box of I have read and accept the Nox License Agreement to agree to the terms and conditions.
Now click on the install button to proceed to install the software. Wait for a couple of minutes to get it installed and you are done with it.
Now Install the MX player on NOX App Player
Once you are done with the installation of Nox player on your PC, follow any one of the following methods to install MX Player in Nox emulator.
- From the search bar present on the main view screen of Nox player, search for MX Player. It will show you, ‘Nothing Found’.
- So click on search this on Google Play Store to search for MX Player on Play Store. It will redirect you to the installation page of the app.
- Now click on install to install the MX Player for PC Windows 10/8/7/XP.
- Sit behind and wait until the app gets to download and installed.
- Once done, you are good to go with your favorite movies on a bigger screen with your favorite media player.
In case you are not able to find the apk of MX Player on the Play Store, don’t panic. As we have downloaded the apk file separately as well, you can install it manually by following the steps given below:
- Install and Run Nox as explained in the previous steps.
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved the apk file of MX Player.
- Drag and drop the file to the Nox and wait for a couple of seconds until the dialog box to install the MX Player for PC appears.
- Now click on install to install the app on your system.
- This will take around a couple of minutes, depending on the configuration of your PC.
Once done, you can now enjoy your favorite movies and videos on MX Player for Windows PC for FREE.
How to Fix the Audio Code Error?
With the new updates of the MX Player for PC, the developers of the app have removed some codecs from the app. As a result, you won’t be able to play media formats like AC3, DTS, MLP, TrueHD, etc. by default. You can tweak the functionality of the MX player apk with additional files.
So we will manually download the necessary codecs to make itr work perfectly for your Android smartphone and Windows PC. Before you can download the required file for your MX player, you need to look at the version of MX player for Windows 10/8/7 PC or Android phone.
To check this, you need to navigate to Settings > Decoder > General. In the custom codec tab, you will find the version of your MX players such as x86, tegra2, tegra3, neon or aio. Once you are sure about the version copy paste links below in browser to download the pack for your version.
MX X86 zip file https://mxplayerdownload.co/codec/mx_x86.zip
MX tegra3 zip file https://mxplayerdownload.co/codec/mx_tegra3.zip
MX tegra2 zip file https://mxplayerdownload.co/codec/mx_tegra2.zip
MX neon zip file https://mxplayerdownload.co/codec/mx_neon.zip
MX aio zip file https://mxplayerdownload.co/codec/mx_aio.zip
Now you need to install the codec files on your MX player. For doing this, go through the following steps.
- Download the zip file for your version and save it in the internal storage wherever you want. Don’t unzip the file nor make any copy of it.
- As soon as you will open the apk of MX player for Windows, it will ask you to install the codec file it found in your internal storage, click on Ok to proceed.
It will now restart the app after installing the file and you can enjoy your favorite movies of the newly available codecs.
Well, that is all for guide to download MX Player for PC Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP Laptop for free. Give it a try and leave your feedback in the comment section below. In case you face any problem while downloading or installing the app, ask me through comments, I’ll try to solve your query as soon as possible.